Experience the Benefits of a Clinical Skin Care Regimen
Healthy skin contributes to a vibrant, youthful, and attractive appearance. The number of skin care products and treatments available can be intimidating, but patients at The Landings Surgical Centre have access to the best options and the most up-to-date information. The clinical skin care expert at our Halifax practice helps people from Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and the surrounding areas make the right choices for lasting health and beauty.
Conditions We Treat
Our approach to skin care usually involves both in-office treatments and take-home products for better results.
- Pre- and post-surgical skin care: In many cases, cosmetic surgery can produce better results when the skin is healthier. In addition, surgery sometimes stresses the skin, requiring treatment. Patients who undergo face lift, brow lift, eyelid surgery, liposuction, or body contouring can all benefit from skin care treatments.
- Anti-aging treatments: With age, the skin sometimes loses elasticity and tone. Hydration and nutrients can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve the skin's health, and may be particularly effective in combination with BOTOX® Cosmetic or a dermal filler.
- Acne treatments: Acne can be frustrating and embarrassing, but there are many effective in-office treatments and take-home products that can help control acne. We offer treatments for acne of all severities.
- Rosacea: An appropriate skin care regimen can help control the redness, irritation, and blemishes associated with rosacea. A variety of effective in-office treatments, such as dermabrasion, are available.
- Scar improvement: Chemical peels and other skin care treatments can reduce the appearance of scars caused by acne and other conditions in order to improve complexion. These skin care treatments can either be performed in place of or in addition to surgical scar revision.
- Pigmentation: Skin pigmentation can be affected by exposure to sun and other environmental factors, or by hormone imbalance. With treatment, the skin's pigment can be made smoother and more even.
- Dull, fatigued skin: Environmental factors and stress can take its toll on the skin over time. If your skin is looking dull or fatigued, treatment can bring out a healthy glow to improve appearance and self-confidence.
The Benefits of Clinical Skin Care
Our skin care expert helps people rejuvenate their skin for a more vibrant appearance. Over time, a good clinical skin care regimen can train the skin to function differently. Long-term treatment can address what were chronic problems, keeping the skin healthier with more uniform pigmentation, healthy natural oil production, fewer dead skin cells, and new production of collagen fibers to smooth away wrinkles. Skin conditions such as acne and rosacea will fade to reveal the healthy beauty underneath.
Skin Care Program
Patient selection for any skin care program is very important. What makes us so successful with our skin programs and in-office procedures is our experience in recommending the proper program to address each patient's specific needs. Our partnership with medical skin care lines such as Environ, Skin Tx and Vivier enable us to safely treat all skin types so patients can achieve the results they expect.
Environ® was founded 30 years ago by Dr Des Fernandes a plastic surgeon and recognized pioneer in the field of Skin health. It is a complete end-to-end science based skin health system. The system includes a full range of home care, professional, peels and innovative medical device solutions all engineered to promote the best skin health outcomes for consumers.
The Environ brand is focused on treating a patient’s underlying skin health through the topical delivery of Vitamin A, C, and E, along with powerful antioxidants and peptides past the skin barrier
The SkinTx SKIN TREATMENT SYSTEM is a medical grade daily skin restoration system that helps correct hyperpigmentation, aging skin, irregular skin texture and tone, skin laxity and acne at the cellular level. SkinTx helps restore the skin’s vitality by using a powerful combination of Retinol, Hydroquinone, Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid USP) – a unique combination that yields remarkable results. SkinTx is recognized and endorsed by industry leading dermatologists and plastic surgeons for its pharmaceutical quality, ease of use and consistent results.
Vivier Pharma uses a pharmaceutical approach to skin care products. Their experience demonstrates that achieving healthy skin begins with using the highest quality skin care products. They deliver their promise by manufacturing and testing at pharmaceutical standards. Allow their passion for skin care to make a positive impact on your skin today.
Jane Iredale Skin Care Makeup
What makes Jane Iredale different from other makeup is the quality formulas with skin care benefits. They use the highest quality ingredients available to ensure satisfaction with performance, coverage, application and texture. Their minerals conform to the most current technology available that ensure broad spectrum sun protection, attention to quality extends to the vitamins and antioxidants used which are pharmaceutical grade and certified organic where available.
Sunscreen is an essential component of overall skin health. Colorescience is the most effective solution to protect your skin from the damaging effects of the environment while helping to improve your skin’s appearance. Sunforgettable’s highly refined minerals protect against UVA/UVB rays and help to protect your investment in medical aesthetic procedures.
Sunforgettable is a complete sun protection system that is available in SPF 30 and SPF 50 formulations. It provides very effective protection from sun damage with non-greasy, convenient and simple application. Reapplication is a breeze thanks to the easy to carry mineral brush available in a variety of shades to match most skin tones.
Percutaneous Collagen Induction Therapy using a needling technique to increase penetration of active ingredients by 100 times over just topical application. And using longer needles to penetrate beyond the horny layer to stimulate the body’s natural wound healing cascade, releasing TGF-B3 and producing healthy collagen 1 and elastin – Effective skin regeneration.
Contact Our Practice, Serving Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland
To schedule a skin care consultation at our Halifax practice, which also serves all Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick, contact The Landings Surgical Centre today. Our skin care specialist can help you plan a regimen that is tailored to the specific needs of your skin, leading to powerful long-term benefits that include improved health and beauty.
"Our doctors and staff are professional, friendly, calm and courteous. They have an excellent rapport with each other and work very much as a team."Beth Macourt