Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
By The Landings Surgical Centre on July 08, 2013
When plastic surgery first began to grow in popularity, many surgeons found that the majority of the clientele were women. However, in recent years, men have begun to realize the aesthetic benefits of cosmetic surgery and surgeons have seen a significant rise in the number of male patients. At The Landings Surgical Centre in Nova Scotia, we cater to patients from New Brunswick and beyond, offering males plastic surgery procedures that give them the aesthetic results they desire in a setting that is private, professional, and safe. While many men have the same aesthetic goals as women (to look youthful, refreshed, and fit), we understand that the physical attributes that give men this appearance is different than those of women. Using artistic skill and surgical technique, our surgeons produce quality surgical results that are personalized to meet the needs and desires of our male patients. Each patient’s specific needs may be met through any of the following popular male plastic surgery procedures:
- Liposuction: In a society obsessed with fitness and appearance, it is no wonder that liposuction is such a popular procedure among our male patients. Liposuction allows our surgeons to suck away pockets of fat that have not responded to diet and exercise. Liposuction can be performed on many areas of the body. Some of the most popular areas of treatment for our male patients are the stomach and flanks. Liposuction can sculpt the midsection to give it a slimmer, more toned appearance.
- Male breast reduction: There are many possible causes of gynecomastia (or enlarged breasts) in males, but whatever the cause, this is a condition that is often a source of embarrassment and physical discomfort. Depending on each patient’s case, male breast reduction surgery may involve liposuction alone, or alongside an excision procedure (in which skin and tissue is removed). The end result will be a chest that is tightened and toned to look more masculine.
- Eyelid surgery: The eyes are one of our most prominent features and, unfortunately, one of the first to show signs of aging. Often times the eyelids begin to droop and sag, creating heavy upper lids and large bags beneath the eyes. During eyelid surgery, our surgeons can make alterations to the upper and/or lower eyelids to reverse these signs of aging and give men a more youthful and alert appearance.
- Rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty surgery is extremely popular among our male patients. Whether sports injuries have left the nose crooked or misshapen, or the patient is simply unhappy with the size or shape of the nose, rhinoplasty surgeons can make subtle changes that produce dramatic results.
- Facelift: For men who are interested in tightening facial skin, removing jowls, and eliminating wrinkles, facelift surgery is a good option. Facelift surgery can address a number of signs of aging in order to give the entire face a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
Schedule an Appointment
These are just a few of the popular plastic surgery procedures that are sought after by our male patients. We offer a large array of procedures that can be catered to meet the needs of our male patients. If you are interested in enhancing your appearance with cosmetic surgery, schedule an appointment with one of our doctors at The Landings Surgical Centre. We look forward to meeting you!
Related to This
"Our doctors and staff are cheerful, friendly, calm, courteous, and efficient. They have an excellent rapport with each other and work very much as a team."JoAnne Reid