Determining Eyelid Surgery Cost at Our Practice
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, can be a smart investment for the right patients. Despite the transformative effects of this surgery, you may be concerned about the associated costs. The doctors at The Landings Surgical Centre offer several different blepharoplasty procedures. Eyelid surgery cost at our Nova Scotia practice will depend on your particular needs and the type of procedure you choose. During a consultation, Dr. Richard Bendor-Samuel or Dr. Louis Boileau will conduct a complete consultation to select the right type of eyelid surgery and explain the other factors that will influence the cost of treatment. Our team will also outline your financing options, helping you find a solution that works for you.
Planning Your Treatment
There are three types of eyelid surgery, designed to achieve slightly different effects. The most appropriate one for you will depend on your bone and muscle structure and how much sagging skin you wish to address. Your treatment options include:
- Upper eyelid surgery: Your doctor will create an incision along the crease of your upper eyelid. Through this incision, he can remove extra skin and fat deposits. The folds of your upper eyelid will camouflage any visible scarring.
- Traditional lower eyelid surgery: In traditional blepharoplasty, your surgeon will create an incision along the outside edge of your lower eyelid, hidden in your lash line. In this way, he can remove excess skin and fat and tighten sagging tissue.
- Conjunctival lower blepharoplasty: With this approach, your doctor will create an incision inside your lower lid so scarring will be undetectable. However, your surgeon can only remove excess fat using this technique.
The type of procedure you choose will largely determine the cost of your treatment. More complicated or lengthy procedures will involve somewhat higher costs.
The type of procedure you choose will largely determine the cost of your treatment.
Other Factors Affecting the Cost of Treatment
In order to calculate the total cost of your procedure, we will take several other factors into account:
- The type of anesthesia you choose
- Preparatory tests
- Post-operative medications
- Facility fees
- Additional facial cosmetic surgery treatments in conjunction with blepharoplasty
Blepharoplasty and Financing
When estimating the cost of your surgery, we will also explain your financing options. When you undergo blepharoplasty solely for cosmetic concerns, the procedure is not typically covered by insurance. However, in some cases, you may choose eyelid surgery for medical reasons. For example, your drooping upper lids could obscure your vision. In such cases, your insurance may cover part or all of your treatment.
If you do not qualify for insurance coverage, we will explain your other payment options. We offer financing through Credit Medical, Medicard, and Crelogix. These companies offer affordable, low-interest repayment plans. We will help you find a plan that fits your budget, making the benefits of cosmetic surgery a viable option for you.
Contact Us for a Treatment Estimate
When you come to The Landing Surgical Centre, we will begin with a thorough consultation and treatment estimate. Contact our office today to schedule your appointment.
"Our doctors and staff are cheerful, friendly, calm, courteous, and efficient. They have an excellent rapport with each other and work very much as a team."JoAnne Reid