What You Should Know about Recovering from a Mommy Makeover
By The Landings Surgical Centre on July 31, 2017
At The Landings Surgical Centre, Drs. Richard Bendor-Samuel and Louis Boileau have helped many mothers regain their pre-pregnancy figures by combining and customizing plastic surgery procedures in fully personalized mommy makeover treatment plans. Mommy makeover plans comprise whatever combination of procedures the specific individual requires to achieve her unique needs and goals. Commonly combined procedures include abdominoplasty (popularly known as tummy tuck surgery), liposuction, thigh lift, breast lift (with or without breast implants), arm lift, and injectable treatments for facial rejuvenation.
If you choose to undergo a mommy makeover, your treatment plan will be entirely unique to you. Dr. Bendor-Samuel or Dr. Boileau will sit down with you and discuss your goals for treatment, listening carefully to your desires and helping you to hone in on your cosmetic priorities. Together, you and your plastic surgeon will arrive at the precise combination of procedures most likely to yield the results you want.
At that point, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss mommy makeover recovery during your consultation at our Halifax, NS office. Whatever combination of procedures your specific mommy makeover plan includes, you should expect to devote a fair amount of time to recovery. The exact amount of time will depend on the scope of your mommy makeover plan.
To find out precisely what your mommy makeover plan will entail, please schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Richard Bendor-Samuel or Dr. Louis Boileau at The Landings Surgical Centre today.
Factors to Consider: Mommy Makeover Recovery
The recovery period after a mommy makeover will depend on several factors, including:
- The number of procedures combined in the mommy makeover
- The types of procedures combined in the mommy makeover
- Whether the procedures can be performed at once or must be performed on two or more separate occasions
- The scope of each individual procedure (e.g., mini tummy tuck vs. an extended tummy tuck)
- The healing ability of the individual patient
In general, patients should expect to take at least two weeks and up to four weeks off work for a mommy makeover.
Most mothers who come into our practice for a mommy makeover consultation have already quit smoking if they ever had smoked. If, however, you are a smoker, it is absolutely crucial that you quit smoking before you undergo your mommy makeover and continue not to smoke at least through your recovery period. Smoking interferes greatly with the healing process and can compromise both your short-term and long-term results. Quitting permanently is highly recommended.
Finally, it is extremely important that patients are willing and able to follow all post-surgical instructions provided to them to the absolute letter, including:
- When and how to take all prescribed medications.
- Dressings to be worn and when to change them.
- Restrictions regarding exercise, lifting of heavy objects, and other strenuous activities.
- Recommendations regarding bathing and hygiene.
- When to schedule and attend follow-up appointments.
- How to manage discomfort and swelling.
- How to use drains, if they are used.
Learn More about Mommy Makeover Recovery
To learn more about mommy makeover recovery, please contact The Landings Surgical Centre today.
Related to This
"Our doctors and staff are professional, friendly, calm and courteous. They have an excellent rapport with each other and work very much as a team."Beth Macourt