Breast Implant Profiles: Why They Matter
One of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the world is breast augmentation surgery. By undergoing breast augmentation, a woman can have enhanced curves and a better figure. Of course, there is more to breast enlargement that just the size of the breast implants.
The team at The Landings Surgical Centre has helped patients throughout Nova Scotia by performing effective and natural-looking breast augmentation surgeries. We'd like to take a moment to consider breast implant profiles and why they are so important to the final results of the surgical procedure.
What are breast implant profiles?
Breast implant profile refers to the amount of forward project that is produced by the breast implants when they are in place. The greater the amount of projection, the more prominent the breasts, which means more cleavage.
Can breast implant profile really make a major difference?
In a number of cases, a patient may not need larger breast implants per se, but could be better served by breast implants that have a higher profile. The results of the breast augmentation surgery can look more natural if the plastic surgeon considers the ideal implant profile given the patient's body type and current figure.
Types of Breast Implant Profiles
There are four main types of breast implant profiles:
- Low Profile Breast Implants: Low profile breast implants have the least amount of forward projection.
- Moderate Profile Breast Implants: Moderate profile breast implants are considered a baseline amount of implant projection.
- Moderate Plus Profile Breast Implants: Moderate plus profile breast implants have slightly more forward projection than moderate profile breast implants.
- High Profile Breast Implants: High profile breast implants have the most forward projection of any breast implants.
Which kinds of profiles are ideal for different body types?
In general, low profile breast implants tend to be more ideal for patients who have broader chests and shoulders. High profile breast implants tend to yield better results for patients whose frames are slighter or narrower. The moderate profile and moderate plus profile breast implants tend to have a certain amount of flexibility based on the needs of patients.
Keep in mind that the above are just general guidelines when it comes to breast implant profiles and body types. The ideal profile for you and your needs will require careful consideration of a number of other factors.
Other Factors to Consider with Breast Implants
In addition to the size and profile of the breast implants, other important considerations for breast augmentation surgery include:
- The composition of the breast implants (silicone, saline)
- The shape of the breast implants (round, teardrop shaped)
- The placement of the breast implants relative to the pectoral muscle
- The location of the incision sites during breast enlargement surgery
Customizing the Surgery to Meet Your Needs
With so many factors affecting the overall results of breast augmentation surgery, it's of the utmost importance that any interested parties visit our practice for a consultation. During this time, we will be sure to go over all of the pros and cons of the procedure as well as which kinds of decisions would be best for meeting your various aesthetic goals and needs.
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
To learn more about breast augmentation surgery and how we can help you achieve optimal results, it's important that you contact our cosmetic plastic surgery center today. The entire team here at The Landings Surgical Centre looks forward to your visit and helping you achieve the excellent aesthetic results.